To help keep our citizens safe while conducting exchanges involving child custody, private property and E-commerce transactions; the Town & Country Police Department has implemented “Secure Exchange”.
Secure Exchange is a designation assigned to specific areas at the Municipal Center Building; specifically, the front circle drive and interior lobby. These areas are monitored by 24-hour video surveillance but not physically staffed by police personnel. The areas are identified with the Secure Exchange emblem.
We recommend citizens take advantage of Secure Exchange when arranging for a location to conduct private transactions and exchanges.
Whether or not you use our Secure Exchange areas we urge you to take the following precautions when buying, selling or trading:
1. Insist on meeting at a public place such as a Police Department.
2. Conduct the transaction during daylight hours.
3. Do not invite strangers into your home, and do not go to theirs.
4. Do not meet in a secluded area.
5. Do not go alone.
6. Trust your instincts.
7. If it sounds too good to be true, it normally is.
8. Be cautious when buying/selling high value items.
9. Tell a friend or family member about your intentions.
10. Take your cell phone with you.
For more information about our Secure Exchange areas, contact the Police Department at 314-432-4696 or
West Central Dispatch Center at 314-737-4600.
BeAware. Be secure. Look for the Secure Exchange emblem.
Return to Police Home page.