The Board of Adjustment is a statutorily provided entity within the City, the purpose of which is hearing requests for variances to the city's zoning code brought forth by residents and property owners. The Commission shall have such powers and duties as are assigned to it under Chapter 89, RSMo., and by City ordinance.
1. Make application (with the Development Office) for a permit as required under the Zoning or Building code Regulations.
2. Following review of the plans submitted to the Development Office, the applicant will receive a letter from the City Planner or Code Official stating the nature of the variance required.
3. Obtain an "Application for Appeal" from the City Clerk or by downloading it below.
4. Submit the completed application along with the following to the City Clerk:
a. Two sealed copies of the plats and plans which clearly cover the facts relating to this appeal. *
b. A copy of the written decision of the Planning Director, or a description of the variances sought citing
relevant section numbers of the applicable code or ordinance.
c. A $200 check payable to the City of Town and Country.
d. A brief narrative setting forth the specific grounds for appeal.
5. The hearing date is set, and the Notice of Hearing is published in the newspaper and posted on the subject property. Notification of hearing is mailed to the appellant and adjacent property owners within 300 ft. of subject property.
*No later than two weeks prior to the meeting date, an additional 8 sealed copies of the plats and plans will need to be submitted.
For additional information please contact City Clerk Ashley McNamara via email or at (314) 587-2806.