Town and Country Police designates Secure Exchange areas for private transactions
In an effort to help keep our citizens safe while conducting transactions and exchanges such as Craigslist sales, the Town and Country Police Department has implemented Secure Exchange.
Secure Exchange is a designation assigned to specific areas at the Municipal Center building. These areas are monitored by video surveillance. However the cameras are not staffed by police personnel. The areas are identified with the Secure Exchange emblem.
We recommend citizens take advantage of Secure Exchange when arranging for a location to conduct private transactions and exchanges.
Whether or not you use our Secure Exchange areas we urge you to take the following precautions when buying, selling or trading:
1. Insist on meeting at a public place such as a Police Department.
2. Conduct the transaction during daylight hours.
3. Do not invite strangers into your home, and do not go to theirs.
4. Do not meet in a secluded area.
5. Do not go alone.
6. Trust your instincts.
7. If it sounds too good to be true, it normally is.
8. Be cautious when buying/selling high value items.
9. Tell a friend or family member about your intentions.
10. Take your cell phone with you.
For more information about our Secure Exchange areas, contact the Police Department at 314-432-4696 or
West Central Dispatch Center at 314-737-4600.
BeAware. Be secure. Look for the Secure Exchange emblem.