Our Vacation Check service can provide you with additional peace of mind when you are away from home for an extended period of time. After you are signed up, an officer will inspect your residence on a regular basis while you are on vacation or away from home.
To sign up for this service you may either come to the Police Station or call the police clerk at 314-432-4696 M – F between 8 am and 4:30 pm. The following information will be required to in order to complete the Vacation Check form.
• Street address of the home to be checked
• Address and phone numbers where you can be reached, if known
• Basic information such as alarm information, timers, lights to be left on, etc.
• Date leaving
• Date returning
• Home phone number
• Know if mail delivery going to be stopped
• Name, address, and phone number of an emergency local contact
• Vehicles left at home: year, make, model/type, color, license number, where parked on property and
• The names of those who are allowed to be on the property i.e. relatives, lawn care service, house keeper, etc.
You will be given an individualized code number after completing the form. When you return home from your trip, please contact the police department and provide them your code number in order to cancel the vacation check.